Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Week at Grandma's

The week before school started I decided to take a trip to Logan to spend some time with my parents. Kenny stayed home to do some work, and I took all 5 kids to Mom and Dad's for 3 1/2 days. We had a lot of fun and by the time we came home the kids were exhausted, and so was I. Both my parents had to work during the day, but we were kept very busy at night enjoying some sites of Logan and time with family.

Monday night we had a BBQ in the back yard with my family. My brother made a trip up from Salt Lake to spend the evening with us. The kids love playing with Uncle Ryan and he always leaves worn out. He asks me how I do it and I just tell him I'm not as cool as him, they don't play with me like they play with Uncle Ryan. We also picked raspberries, with a little help from Uncle Ryan, and made raspberry shake with Grandpa. It was a great night.

Picking raspberries with Uncle Ryan

More raspberry picking

Hannah making shakes with Grandpa

Tuesday night we met my Aunt Cindy, cousin Kristin and her family, and my cousin Daniel and his family at Willow Park for a picnic. Tuesday happened to be my cousin Daniel's birthday so my Aunt Cindy brought a cake for him. My kids were really confused at first about it being Daniel's birthday. I think we may have to call him Uncle Daniel to keep the confusion to a minimum.

Daniel and his son Luke getting ready to blow out the candles.

My cute little baby Daniel

Will, my cousin Kristin's boy

After our picnic the kids played on the toys for awhile and then we went to see the animals at the park. There aren't many animals in Willow Park, but there were enough to make the kids happy. They even got to feed the ducks right out of their hands which they thought was cool.

Feeding the ducks through the fence.

Gracie LOVED pushing the empty stroller. She was actually pretty good at it by the time we were done.

1 comment:

MadMadameMim said...

How fun to see Ryan! And picking raspberries and making shakes at your parents house, just like we used to when we were kids! What wonderful memories to have with own children!