Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a very busy, full day. We woke up and got everyone dressed and ready to head to Logan for my mom's annual Mother's Day dinner. We were originally going to stopping in Smithfield and taking pictures of the kids first, but when it came down to it we were late again and barely made it to Mom and Dad's on time. There's something about loading everyone up for the long drive to Logan that we just can't do on time. (I did a bad job on taking pictures but I did get a few good ones.)

Grandma and Grandpa jumping on the tramp with the kids. Those kids must be real special to get Grandma to jump with them.

My mom hosts a big dinner for Mother's Day every year. I remember it well growing up. It was always such a fun holiday because I got to see all my cousins, aunts, and uncles. This year was no exception. There was a lot of mom's family in attendance and it was nice to sit and visit with them. My kids were able to play with their cousins (well, technically 2nd and 3rd cousins) and everyone had a good time. Grandpa even set up the trampoline for the kids to jump on. It was a wonderful afternoon filled with good food and good company.
My cousin Kristin and her 9 month old little boy Will.

Gracie petting my Aunt Cindy's dog.

We stayed at mom and dad's for awhile after everyone left. It was nice to sit and talk with them and just enjoy their company. On our way home we stopped at Kingston's (Kenny's sister's house) to return some clothes they had left at our house the night before. Cory cracked my back (he's a chiropractor) which was very helpful and then we stayed a little while to have cake and ice cream with them for Karen's birthday. We couldn't stay long because we had a long drive ahead of us and Sarah had school in the morning. All in all it was a nice Mother's Day. It was definitely not relaxing, but I don't see how a day with 4 almost 5 kids can ever be relaxing. Beside it was nice to see family and that's all that really matters.

No comments: