Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gracie's Fun In The Tub

Tonight was bath night for the kids. I love bath night. I can put all 4 kids in the bathtub at the same time and get 30 minutes of peace. The kids love bath night too. All of our kids enjoy the water and most nights they hate it when it's time to get out. Today was no exception. Hannah and Gracie were in their bathtub and Ben and Sarah were in my bigger bathtub. Kenny had the job of getting the little girls out while I finished up the laundry. I was in their room folding clothes when he brought the 'dirty old towels' (a game the kids love to play when their done in the bath and Kenny swings them around in their towel) into their rooms. I helped him get them dressed and then finished the laundry and headed into the kitchen. I got myself a little snack and sat down in the living room. The big kids were still in the other bathtub, Hannah was in the bedroom talking to Kenny and I heard splashing in the kids bathroom. It dawned on me that Kenny hadn't drained the bath water. I immediately yelled at Gracie to stop, (thinking she was splashing in the water with her hand) put my snack down, and walked to the bathroom. This is what I found . . .


Apparently Gracie was not done taking a bath as we had originally thought. Out of all the kids she loves the bathtub the most, but I really didn't expect her to hop right in it fully clothed. She was just sitting there, in the dark, splashing around with a huge smile on her face. I had to laugh, it was so cute. I told Kenny who grabbed the camera and came to take pictures. Gracie decided sitting and splashing wasn't enough, she needed to lay down and really enjoy herself.
After laying down for a few minutes she got back up and played some more. She stood up and discovered she was a little cold (the water was cold by this point.) She didn't last too much longer before she wanted out. I took her clothes off and she helped me hang them up in the bathtub to dry. Next I took her diaper off. I didn't know diapers could hold that much water. It was amazing. She got wrapped up in a towel and taken to get new clothes. I immediately drained the bathtub. I think we've learned our lesson. Always drain the bathtub.

7 comments:

April and JJ said...

She's so stinking cute! I love the pictures. If I don't drain the tub immediately, guess where I find Zack.

Justin and Coralie said...

That's so funny! :) Jaden loves the bath tub too. He has gotten in the tub or shower with me once or twice fully clothed. Funny kids.

Carolyn said...

That is adorable! It made me laugh. How cute that she loves the tub so much. :)

Sarah Jean said...

HA! That is hilarious! I guess she got her point across...longer baths.

Colette said...

I start to drain the water as I am getting the kids out because otherwise they would get back in. Also, I don't know if you have this problem but my kids fight over who gets to sit by the spout. So on the wall we have a chart and each child gets a day of the week to sit by the water spout. So Funny!!

Nona said...

That is hilarious!!! :D

Todd and Julie Worthen said...

I love it! That is the funniest story! My kids love bath time as well - I really have to watch Jackson while we are getting ready to get in the tub because he has tried to jump in before his clothes were off many times!