Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Making Bread

My friend Amy and her boys came over on Monday to show me how to make bread. Amy is a master bread maker and when she taught our ward in Virginia I was on the cruise and had to miss it. I've been wanting to learn and she agreed to show me. How nice of her. The kids did wonderful playing downstairs together and Amy and I enjoyed baking and talking. It's nice to have her nearby and though I'm glad her husband comes home from Iraq in March, I will miss them when they move back to Virginia.

Sarah Kate and Isaac. She is all into the boys. I think we may be in trouble when she gets older. :)

The bread making was very easy. We mixed it and kneaded it by hand which I've decided is more than I want to do right now. It tires me out too quickly. I think I'll try my mixer next time. The bread was delicious and I think maybe I could even make some on my own. What a homemaker I'm turning out to be.


These boys live on a farm and spend so much time with animals, but they've never seen a gerbil. They loved them.


Here's Sarah showing Noah her Snowflake.

2 comments:

Colette said...

Katie, that bread looks amazing. If you can put the recipe up I would love to have it!!! We have thought about getting a pet how do your kids do with the Gerbil? You are an amazing mom!!

Katie said...

Thanks for the comment Colette. As always it was great to hear from you. You're too nice to me. My kids love their gerbils. They've been great pets, but chew everything. It's kind of funny actually. I'd love to give you the bread recipe and I'd love to be able to check your blog if you'd care to invite me. Send me an e-mail. kk_newbry@yahoo.com.
Thanks.