Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ben's Birthday Poster

I am somewhat of a dork and I've always wanted my kids to have to do one of those posters all about themselves  I've done one for one of my kids (I don't remember which but I think it was Sarah) but every school year I hope I'll be able to do another. Well, Ben's birthday came on President's Day and the next day he came home from school and told me he was suppose to do a birthday poster all about him. Let me just say this was a CRAZY week. It was the week before the kids went off track. We had 2 basketball games, Sarah had a book report due and a report on Thomas Jefferson that she waited until the last week to do. Ben had his World War II report to finish and he had to finish his great white shark project. Plus we had scouts and a 2 hour basketball practice on Tuesday. Then to top it all off we had kids throwing up. Yep it was a crazy week. When Ben told me we also had to make a poster I nearly cried. It had to be done early in the week because, as I mentioned above the kids were going off track for 3 weeks and he really wanted to take it around his birthday. So, we finally got it done on Thursday and he was able to take it to school on Friday. I felt bad, but luckily it was Ben and he really didn't care. It didn't turn out as great as I would have liked, but again, it's Ben and he doesn't care about things like that. Man, he's a good kid.


No comments: