Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sarah's Birthday


My big 10 year old.  Wow, that 10 years has sure gone by quickly.
Sarah Kate turned 10 on March 5th this year.  She was so excited to finally be in the double digits.  I for one sometimes wish she's slow down a little.  Because she had a party with friends on the 2nd we decided to just have a small party at home and open presents on her birthday.  She's so hard to shop for, always has been, but hopefully this year she got a few things she enjoyed.

Sarah enjoying looking at her new cookbook.  I see some cooking in our future.
Opening her new purse/bag.
Showing off her book about the Book of Mormon book.

After presents it was time for cake.  I'll admit, I was not real excited about making another cake, knowing I still had Hannah's cake to make in a few weeks, and so I was very relieved when Sarah told me cupcakes would be great for her birthday.  I made the cupcakes and we let the kids each decorate their own.  Cake is so much fun, especially when you get to make a mess out of it.


Adam playing with his cupcake.
Dan diving into his cupcake.

Messy faced Hannah and the other girls after cupcakes.

Dan and Adam making a mess.

Happy birthday to my amazing Sarah Kate.  I'm so fortunate to have her in my life and to have her as my daughter.  She's getting so big so fast, not as fast as she would like, but fast.  She's an amazing big sister who does so well with her younger brothers and sisters.  She such a great help to me and is so willing to babysit and do extra things when I need her to.  She's not perfect by any means, but I'd never trade her for anything.  She's the perfect big sister and such an amazing kids.  She inspires me to be better and to try harder in all that I do.  I only hope I can be the mom she deserves.  I love you Kiddo.








No comments: