Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Roller Skating

We had our first home school activity on February 10th.  The school we get our curriculum through was having a Valentine's Day get together at a roller skating rink in Layton.  The kids wanted to go so we made valentine's for everyone and headed to the rink after our school work.  It was a lot of fun.  I met some nice people there and Sarah made a friend.  The kids had a blast roller skating and I'm really glad we went.

Luckily we were able to bring scooters to the rink.  All the kids tried the skates, but Sarah was the only one who decided to stick with the them.  Ben loved riding his scooter and racing me on my roller blades.
Sarah on roller skates.  She started on roller blade, but changed her mind and went with skates.  I guess I haven't been a very good parent because none of my kids know how to roller skate.
I pushed the boys around in the stroller.  Adam really enjoyed it, Daniel got a little bored.
Gracie riding her scooter.
Dan preferred to run around instead of ride.
Hannah riding Sarah's scooter.  She had a blast on the scooter and was very happy Sarah wanted to roller skate.
Gracie trying to sit down on her scooter.  She quickly learned it doesn't work very well  while sitting.
Sarah and her new friend both on skates.
I found Dan laying down on the rink at the end of the day.  I guess that means it's time to head home.

No comments: