Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Meeting Al Jefferson

Ben and Sarah down on the floor after the show.
 Sarah is suppose to have a basketball game every Wednesday night until the first part of March.  On Wednesday, January 18th Kenny took Sarah to her 6:00 game only to find out it was canceled due to a special meet the Jazz player event they were having at the Energy Solutions Center.  He called me from the gym and told me not to come (I was finishing feeding the other kids and then I was going to be on my way to the game) and he asked if we wanted to go meet the Jazz player.  We thought it'd be kind of fun for the kids so we headed out to downtown Salt Lake to meet the Jazz player.

Adam waiting for the show to begin.
Waiting for the show to begin.

Mr Jefferson introducing himself.

The player who came out to meet the kids was number 25, Al Jefferson.  I'm not familiar with him, I haven't really followed the Jazz since the days of Stockton, Malone and Hornacek, but I have since learned he's a pretty good player, even if he was born in 1985 and should be way to young to be playing professional basketball.  :)  Anyway, Sarah and Ben really enjoyed listening to him teach them a little about basketball.  They were able to go down on the floor and do some warm-ups with a bunch of other kids.  It was great for them and they really enjoyed it.  The other 4 kids got bored about half way through and I had to take them out.  We wandered the walkways in the Energy Solutions Center until they were done.  Even though they got bored, everyone enjoyed themselves and I'm glad we went.  Ironically I ran into my cousin, Natalie, whose son is also part of Junior Jazz.  It was fun to see her and was a great way to end the evening.

Gracie "watching" the show.
Al Jefferson showing the kids how to do warm-ups.
A bunch of kids doing warm-ups.  If you look close you can see Gracie (in the purple shirt) in the
back and Sarah a little in front of her.

No comments: