Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hill AFB

The homeschooling school the kids are enrolled in has a lot of opportunities for the kids to go on field trips and participate in activities with other home-schooled kids.  One of these field trips came on January 27th.  The kids were able to sit in on a dress rehersal for a ballet performance in Ogden.  It was only for school aged kids so I couldn't take my youngest three kids.  I was trying to find some way to go when a friend texted me asking if I was going.  Cami is a friend from high school who has been homeschooling her kids for a number of years now.  She's the one who introduced me to Washington Online and she has been a wonderful example to me during our homeschooling adventure.  She volunteered to take Sarah and Hannah to the show, Gracie was too young and Ben didn't want to go.  When the show was over we were going to meet at Hill Air Force Base for some fun.  The night before I got a text from Cami saying her daughter was throwing up and she wasn't going to be able to go.  The kids were disappointed, but understood.  I decided, because they really wanted to go, that I would take them to Hill anyway.  We packed up after naps and headed to Kaysville to look at the airplane museum at Hill AFB.

Standing by a large helicopter
Ben sitting in a pilots seat.  (I have no idea what he's doing. Just being Ben I guess)

Dan wanted a turn too.
Standing by another helicopter. (This time I decided to include Adam.) 
Adam sat so well in the stroller.  It made it a lot easier for me.
Sarah taking one of her 100 or so pictures she took on her phone.
Standing by an airplane.  By this point Dan was getting tired of pictures.
Hannah telling Gracie everything she knows about this airplane.  So cute.
Hannah wanted a picture by the pilots clothes.
Because Hannah got a picture, Gracie wanted one too.  Of course, in true Gracie fashion, it was a silly picture.
Standing by an old Air Force One plane.  By this point we'd lost Dan's willingness to be in pictures.
Dan talking on the phone like the Navajo's did in WWII.

Hannah wanted to talk on the phone too.
We walked around outside for a few minutes, but it was getting dark and the kids were cold.  We'll have to do that another time.





No comments: