Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Easter

This is how Gracie eats Peeps. Head first.

Easter is the first holiday in my year of not going anywhere for holidays. Last Christmas I decided we were going to spend this year at home, wherever that home may be. I've been feeling like I'm missing out on my kids young years because I'm too busy getting ready to go somewhere or driving there. Easter was the first major holiday in the year that was designated a stay at home holiday. Sadly, because of my increased exhaustion and sickness from this baby we still didn't do as much as we wanted to for the holiday. Oh well! It was still nice and relaxing.

I boiled eggs early in the week, but because of our busy schedule leading up to Easter, we never did dye them. That's something we'll definitely do next year. When Easter Sunday arrived we spent the morning listening to conference. After the first session of conference we got a call from Kenny's brother Michael and his family saying they would be passing through Pocatello on their way back from Boise. They wanted to know if we could drive down and see them. This went against my stay at home for the holiday rule, but we decided to make an exception considering they were moving to Alabama the next week and we're not sure when we'll be able to see them again. So we drove to Pocatello and met them at McDonald's. Not the best activity for Sunday, especially not Easter Sunday, but we felt it was important to go. The kids had a blast and I think they liked their McDonald's dinner better than they would have liked the Easter dinner I had prepared.

Ben was the most excited for candy. I couldn't get him away from it.

All of Hannah's pictures were out of focus. This is the best I have. She was sure happy to get a ring pop.

Sarah acting surprised for the camera. She new Daddy was taking a picture of her and so she did her best to be surprised.

The Easter Bunny was a little bit of a slacker this year and failed to come while the kids were sleeping. Luckily he came while we were in Pocatello and the kids were so happy to return home and find their cubby's in the mud room filled with Easter baskets and candy. They ate too much candy and then because of the late hour we sent them to bed. It was a very nontraditional Easter, but it was memorable and that's good. Next year maybe we'll strive to be more traditional. :) Oh, we did have an Easter Egg hunt the next night for FHE, but I forgot to take pictures. Ooops!
Daniel didn't get much candy, mostly baby food, but he was still happy.

Gracie ready to behead her peeps.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Katie, I didn't realize you were pregnant! After I read your last blog entry where you said 7 and a half of us, I was wondering...but I must have missed the announcement! Congratulations! When are you due? I'm sorry you're so sick and exhausted...I wish I could help.