Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Week of Little Outings

This past week turned out to be a week of little outing. I don't know if I'm just going stir crazy being so pregnant, or maybe it was the week + of colder than normal, rainy weather, but it seemed like a good week to go out and do things. So we did just that. Tuesday was our trip to Brigham again where we saw the shuttle parts and the train (see next post if you want.) On Wednesday we headed to the library for our weekly library trip. Ben and Sarah have signed up for the reading program at the local library and they are taking it very seriously. In the first week they both read 11 books each. Sarah's reading chapter books like 'Junie B. Jones' and 'Cam Jensen' and Ben's reading beginner reading books. Their both highly motivated by the prizes they get from the library, but they also can't bear to let the other one read more books. I'm just thrilled that they're reading so much and enjoying it so much. I must say I'm very proud of my little bookworms. They'll definitely be ready for kindergarten and second grade this fall.

Thursday we decided to get some shopping done that we wanted done before the baby comes. We went to a few different stores and then headed over toward Best Buy. They were having a huge RV showing in the parking lot of Best Buy and because we're soooo in the market to buy an RV right now we decided to check it out. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast running from RV to RV climbing in each one and exploring it. The staff was great and let us look at all we wanted and were very happy to have the kids around as well. We've never really been camper people (we like camping in our tent), but they had this smaller camper that slept 8 people and was the coolest camper we'd ever seen. It was the perfect size, not too big, not too small and most importantly it slept all 7 of us plus 1 more. It was perfect. Ben wanted to buy it so we told him he needed to get a better job than just his chores. So far he hasn't made any effort to do so. After viewing the RVs we splurged and went out for ice cream. It's been so long since we've done anything like that that it was just so nice. It was such a great evening with our little family. After evenings like that I feel so blessed to have the family I have.

Friday was about Sarah Kate. It's been a long time since Sarah got a Mommy and me day and we figured we should get it done before the baby comes. So, I took Sarah to see the Hannah Montana movie at the dollar theater. She claims to love Hannah Montana, but doesn't know much about her. The show comes on after she goes to bed so she doesn't get to watch it very often. She knows some of the songs, but nothing like other girls. She was still, however, very excited to go to the movie. She was kind of bored during the first half, but really enjoyed the last half. I was actually surprised with the show. It wasn't anything I'd watch on my own, but it was entertaining. After the show we went to the craft store where Sarah bought herself a Webkinz with her allowance. She's been wanting to do this for a long time so this was definitely a treat. We followed that up with lunch at IHOP. It was a great outing for Sarah Kate and she loved being with just Mommy. Before we went home I needed to pick up a few things at Walmart. I'm always amazed at how much my kids love going to Walmart with just me and them. It's such a treat for them. Sarah enjoyed pushing the cart and having all my attention going to just her. By the end of Walmart I was pretty well shot. I hadn't slept well the night before thanks to little no name and Gracie and my body was starting to cramp trying to let me know I needed a break. We headed home and spent the rest of the evening being lazy. It was a great day and Sarah loved it. The other kids missed her terribly, but she loved it and I'm glad she got her special time.

Saturday was supposed to be a scouting for pictures day, but it turned out to be much more. We wanted to drive up to Island Park to see if there was a good place to take pictures of the kids and we ended up doing more than we planned. I'll save that for another blog though. We had some wonderful adventures this week and we've decided we need to do a lot more of the little things. Just getting out for little trips around town can help cheer everyone up and helps bring our family together. I'm so blessed to have my kids and my husband and I enjoy spending time with them, their so much fun.

No comments: