Friday, June 19, 2009

Tuesday's the Day

This week has mostly been about getting ready for baby. I was hoping for an induction date of today, but at my Wednesday appointment Dr. Leavitt told me the earliest he could induce was Tuesday the 23th. I was a little bummed, but it's only a few more days and now I at least have a date and know this pregnancy will be over soon. I'm excited to not be pregnant and uncomfortable anymore and I'm excited to meet this new little guy. He's an active one so I'm sure he'll be just like his siblings. We have to be at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. so hopefully baby will be here by noon that day.

In the meantime I've been working hard to get the house as in order as I can. Last week was our week full of little outings and this week seems to be our week of cleaning and organizing. I've managed to get the entire basement cleaned, even the horribly messy office that seems to collect all the junk we don't know where to put. The weather has been chilly and rainy most of the week so it's been a good week for indoor cleaning. We're pretty much ready for the Grandma's to come help out when the baby comes, if I can just keep the house semi clean.

We also tackled the garage again this week. It's been a huge mess due to the broken wheel on the wave runner trailer, but I was determined not to have to step over a big mess when I brought the baby home. Kenny built the hanging rod for our wet suits while I organized the mess as best I could. It was nice to have everything put back in it's place and get it swept out. I love coming home to a clean, organized garage. Now we just need to get that tire fixed so we can put the trailer back.

While we were cleaning the kids were playing outside during our only sunny day this week. Kenny decided it would be fun to put them in time out, just as a little joke. He started with Ben and told him he needed to put on his life jacket. Then he hung Ben up. After that all the kids had to have a turn. It was the most fun they've ever had being in time. (Gracie was actually the first to hang up, but we didn't have the camera to take a picture of her. It's too bad because she was very cute and really enjoyed it.)
Ben pretending to be sad he's in time out.
Sarah was too big for Ben's life jacket and she didn't have a hook on hers so Kenny got the harness out instead. It worked great.

Here's Hannah. She had a blast.

Yesterday was mostly a hard day for me. I spent most of the morning and early afternoon feeling very pregnant and not so comfortable. I did, however, manage to finish the basement and then spend some time with the kids. Around 4:00, just after Kenny finished mowing the lawn, the rain started coming down. It poured like the rainstorms I remember in Virginia. It was about 15 minutes of pouring rain that made the driveway a river and made for some great fun for the kids. Ben and the little girls put on their rain jackets and went tromping in the rain (Sarah was so cold to go out.)

When the rain stopped we decided to go grocery shopping so we got all the kids in the car and headed out. On the way to the store we found a street with a huge puddle that Kenny just had to drive through. We found 2 teenage girls who had tried to go through the puddle too quickly and ended up flooding their engine. Kenny helped them look at their car, it never did start working again, and I decided to let the kids out to walk in the water. I should have know they wouldn't just wade, but would be wet within a few minutes. Ben was the first one wet when he tripped and fell on a piece of wood floating in the road. After that we decided to just let the kids play in it for awhile. We walked up and down the sidewalk and watched the neighborhood kids riding their bikes and rowing down the street in their row boat. We stayed for about a 1/2 and hour and had a blast playing in the big puddle. By the time we were done Gracie's diaper was very full and everyone was very happy. It was a fun experience, one you don't get very often in Idaho. Because the kids were all so wet, we took them home to get dry clothes and then headed to the grocery store. Who knew a trip to the grocery store could be so fun.

Today involved another trip to the library and hopefully I'll get some weeding done after naps. It's a beautiful sunny day out and I think all of us are looking forward to being outside again. We're all very excited for baby number 5 to arrive and we're trying to keep ourselves busy until then. On a side note, yesterday at breakfast I asked Ben to say the pray. In his prayer he said, "and bless the baby that he will come out safe and bless all of us that we can hang on until he comes." I thought it was very cute and a very grown-up thing to pray for. I guess he's ready for the baby to get here also.

2 comments:

Alder Family said...

I think I like Ben's picture the best. He really looks sad. It made me laugh!

Mama Winn said...

You and Lixi may have your babies on the same day! She's due tomorrow, but if Miss Jenna isn't here by Monday evening, Lixi gets to go in at 9:00 pm to be induced. So maybe Tuesday will be a big day for both of you! Hope all goes well. We will be praying for all the little ones about to arrive. Love you.