Monday, February 25, 2008

The Cake


Yes, there's more! After Chuck E Cheese's we came home and had cake. I've foolishly decided that making a special cake for my children every year would be a fun tradition. It wasn't a problem when there was one or two of them, but now there's four and three have birthdays really close. Oh well, I started it and now I have to keep it going (seceretly I really do kind of enjoy it.) So Sunday night I started decorating Ben's Spiderman cake (I couldn't find a Star Wars one) only to find out I didn't have enough frosting. Being Sunday I couldn't go get more so first thing Monday morning (after exercise and showering) I went to the store and got another frosting. This meant, like almost every other year, I was still frosting the cake minutes before the party. I'm vowing right here and now to do better with Sarah Kate's cake. We'll see. Anyway, I was pretty pleased with the finished product and Ben like it too which is really all that matters.




The kids were tired after Chuck E Cheese's, but really, who can pass up cake? We stuck 4 candles in Spiderman's eyes and sang Happy Birthday to Ben one last time. It took a number of blows to get all the candles out, but he never gave up. Once the candles were out, the kids got to eat it. Oh happy day!


If you look closely you'll see Ben's plate contains the entire head of Spiderman. He didn't want just a piece of his head. He wanted the whole thing. We figured it was his birthday, his cake, so he could do what he wanted. Kenny cut a nice oval out of the cake and plopped it on Ben's plate. He ended up only taking about 4 or 5 bites, but I sure it was cool to have the whole face anyway.



Gracie couldn't join the kids in the cake eating festivities, but she was sure cute sitting in her highchair watching.



Hannah decided to just devour the cake. Who needs a fork when you have hands and a big wide open mouth. Yum!



I realize Sarah Kate looks all nice and proper here. It's the only non-blurry picture of I have of Sarah Kate eating the cake. Trust me she went to town like the others and had silly faces to go with it.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Awesome job on the cake, Katie!! :) I think I did a dinosaur one year...when Daren was like 2... I haven't put that much effort into one since.