Friday, December 14, 2007

Letters to Santa

I've always loved the idea of writing letters to Santa. When I was younger Santa actually wrote me back once and it was the coolest thing. I don't really remember it being cool at the time, though I'm sure it was, but as a teenager I remember thinking it would be a cool thing for my kids some day. Well that day has come. I've put it off long enough and we finally wrote letters to Santa. They have yet to be mailed, but they're written. I thought I'd share them with everyone.

Dear Santa,

I want to come visit Santa at the North Pole. Santa can you please bring me Blackout for Christmas. (Blackout is a transformer, for those of you who don't know.) Santa can you please bring me a toy Ben. (We have yet to figure out what this is, but he insisted on putting it in his letter.) Dear Santa can you please bring me a transformer scorpion that moves it's whole body and that transforms into the whole desert. Can you please bring me a computer that only has games for kids to play. (Santa's not that wealthy.) Dear Santa please bring me some Handy Manny tools for myself to play with.

Ben

I just love three year old talk. I wrote down what he said word for word and I was please at how well his sentences were put together, even if he started almost every sentence with Santa or Dear Santa. And did you notice how polite he was. If only he'd talk to me that way. :)


Dear Santa,

I want to come visit you at the North Pole. I want a twelve dancing princess doll that I got last year. (Her old one got thrown up on and was definitely not salvageable.) I want dolls and a doll house. Can I please have Little People camping and car.

Sarah Kate

Sarah Kate's letter is much shorter, but it took about 3 times as long to write. She did it all by herself and it only took three tries. I find it kind of funny that Ben was the really polite one and Sarah Kate was not when in real life it's normally the other way around.


Now my task is to get the letters in the mail so Santa can write them back. That's another thing on my to do list, the Santa part. Oh by the way Mom, thanks for making Christmas so fun as a kid. There's a lot of work that goes creating a good Christmas'. We're having a lot of fun. Up next, gingerbread houses. :)

Naughty or Nice? You decide!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if she use's that tongue on mycocknballsi will buy her anything