Sunday, September 15, 2013

Look Whose 4!

Dan with his presents.
We celebrated Daniel's 4th birthday on June 23rd. I can't believe how big this kid is getting. He is such a fun boy to have around. When he was little he was always very serious, quite, and did a lot of watching. The older he gets the more he is coming out of his shell and becoming a very funny and awesome little boy. Daniel absolutely loves video games, He likes to tell jokes and make people laugh, and he is always good to give me a hug and a kiss and tell me he loved me. When you get Dan outside he really comes alive. He likes to hike and swim and camp and run around. He is such a joy to have around and I love watching him grow up.

Opening presents.
We had a simple party for Dan this year. He got a Jake and the Neverland Pirate ship and some characters from the show. He got a butterfly net and a Skylander from mom and dad. I think my favorite part about Dan's birthday this year was the fact that his 4 older brothers and sisters put their money together to buy Dan a Skylander because they know how much he liked them. It's moments like that that make a mom's heart a little bigger.

Opening his Jake and The Neverland Pirates.
He liked his bug catching net.

Daniel LOVES Skylanders




I'll be the first to admit that Daniel's cake this year was the worst cake I have ever made. I have no excuse, it was just awful. I made him a Mickey Mouse cake because he loves all things Disney. I thought I had chocolate frosting, but I was wrong. Not only that, but I didn't have white frosting (only cream) so it just turned out really bad. Good thing he's only 4 and he didn't really care. He loved it and that's all that matters. I guess it's good to have the worst, awful cake out of the way. It's only up from here.





Blowing out the candles.

Yummy!

No comments: