Thursday, January 24, 2013

Festival of Tree's

A bad picture of our tree, but the only one I could get because it was soooo crowded.
My husbands family worked on a tree to donate for the Festival of Tree's this year.  Many women got together and sewed thing to put on the tree, others donated money, and his cousin sent decorations from Germany.  My sister in law was in charge of spearheading the project and when it came time to decorate the tree she needed help.  My other 2 sister in laws who live in the area were unable to make it so she called me for help.  I was able to spend the entire day there, helping her decorate the tree they were going to donate.  It was a great experience and a lot of fun.  I'm glad I was able to be a part of it.

Cadence, Hannah, Carlie, and Lilly waiting to go inside to see the tree.

Some of the kids playing outside while waiting to go in and see the trees.
The Saturday of the Festival of Trees my in laws came down and the entire family (minus Michael and Sarah who live in Colorado) went to see the tree that the extended family donated.  It was really crowded, but fun for the everyone   We spent most of our time looking at the gingerbread houses because the kids didn't want to stand in line to look at the trees.  It so crowded that we didn't get to see much of the family, but it was nice to go anyway.

No comments: