Friday, November 23, 2012

Kelli Comes to Town

I grew up seeing most of my cousins on my dad's side only on a rare occasion.  Four of them lived in Salt Lake, those were the ones we saw, and the rest of them lived outside of Utah so we didn't see them much.  Kelli was my closest cousin and, I believe  the one I had the most in common with.  Anyway, she's lived in San Diego her here life and even though I don't see her much I still think of her as one of my favorite cousins.

I got a text message from her one day in July saying she, her husband Josh and their two kids were going to be in town and they wanted to get together.  It just so happens that her two kids are roughly the same age as Ben and Sarah, which works out perfectly.  I met up with them the next day at a park downtown.  Kenny came over during his lunch break and we spent time watching the kids play and catching up.  When everyone got to hot we decided to head over to our house for another couple of hours.  It was so nice to meet up with them and it was so nice that our kids hit it off so quickly.

The best part about the entire this is that night Kelli got a call from a hospital in Salt Lake wanting to interview her for a job.  They stayed and extra day, she went to the interview, and by the end of August they were living in Salt Lake.  It's nice to have them nearby for once in my life.  :)

No comments: