Thursday, September 8, 2011

Potato Museum, Um Yes Please

So, my great friend Cami decided to come and visit me again in July.  She has been so wonderful to me and is always willing to go on trips up to Idaho Falls to see and play with me.  For the longest time we've talked about going to the Potato Museum in Blackfoot, so, knowing it was our last outing in Idaho Falls before I moved, we decided to go for it.  I met her in Blackfoot on the 14th for a fun filled trip down potato lane.


All the kids in hanging out at the sign in front of the museum.
As cool as the potato museum sounds to everyone, I must admit I didn't think there'd be many people lined up to learn about potatoes in the middle of July.  To my surprise when we drove up there were 2 senior citizen tour buses already in the museum enjoying everything potato.  It was a little crowded, but we didn't mind too much.  Besides all the old ladies loved looking at and commenting about my cute little boys.  I'll take that any day.

The museum was small which was perfect for the kids, less boredom.  It featured many wonderful potato items from the largest potato chip in the world, to old farm equipment, to a large collection of Mr. Potato Heads.  What more could you want in a potato museum.

Photobucket
Julia, Cami's daughter, looking at the worlds largest potato chip.  Yuck, I mean Yummy!  (I didn't get a picture of this with my camera so I stole this one from Cami's blog.  Thanks Cami.)


Gracie ready to sort potatoes a long time ago.  Show us how it's done Gracie!
Ben and Hannah smiling by some kind of old farm equipment.
Ben wanted a picture of himself sitting on the Spudnik.  I'm not sure he was suppose to be up there, but there were no signs saying not to, so we went for it. . .  quickly.
Then, of course, Gracie had to have a turn.
Dan wanted a turn too, but he wasn't too sure about it once he got up there.
Sarah and Samantha being willing to let me take their picture, well kind of willing.
Gracie checking out the Mr. Potato Head collection.
After seeing all that was inside, we let the kids go play on the old train car next to the museum.  They had a blast climbing all over the thing and pretending to drive it.  Ohh to be a kid again.


Most of the kids 'posing' for a picture on the train car.
Even Dan had fun climbing on the train.
Hannah having fun on the train.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Yes, the Potato Museum was quite the tourist attraction. :)