Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dan's (Other) Cake

The cake from Walmart.   Had a rough ride to the fireworks.  :)
Because it was the 4th of July when we celebrated Dan's birthday, we decided to take his cake to the fireworks.  Life's been so crazy lately with Kenny being gone and the uncertainty of everything that I just decided this year to forgo making the cake and go ahead and buy one at the store.  It was a hard decision, I don't know why I care so much about the cake, but I think it was best for me (and everyone else.)

We didn't want to sit and wait for the fireworks forever because we knew the kids wouldn't enjoy that so we purposely went late to the fireworks.  We still managed to get a good seat, but it didn't leave us much time for Dan's cake.  We sang to him, he blew out the candles, and everyone took about 3 bites before the fireworks began.  It turned out to be just enough time and a lot of fun for the birthday boy.
Dan couldn't wait to blow out the candles so he started picking at the frosting with his fingers.
Blowing out his 2 candles.
Gracie enjoying her cake bites.
Cute little Hannah eating cake.
A great picture of Sarah enjoying her cake.  :)   I think I caught her off guard.

No comments: