Monday, July 26, 2010

Mother's Day

I'm back tracking a little bit. I didn't realize I was so far behind on blogging, but I'd still really like to talk a little about the things I've missed. So it looks like I'll be going back as far as Mother's Day. Mother's Day this year was very simple and that was just the way I wanted it to be. I missed seeing all my family, like we do every Mother's Day, but staying home was so nice. Our ward split the week before Mother's Day and we were made part of a new ward. Because of this we only had sacrament that day and then came home. We took a little nap and did, well, nothing. It was so nice to relax and just spend the day resting.

For Mother's Day this year the kids made me things at school. I love those kid made gifts the most. Sarah Kate made a cookbook and Ben made me a bookmark and drew a little picture with a saying. It's so fun to be a mom and see all that my kids do. They make all the exhaustion, work, and stress worth it.

Ben's Mother's Day paper to me. He filled in the blanks and I just love what it says. 'My Mother is the most wonderful Mother in the whole world! She is as pretty as a flower. She weighs 1,000 pounds. Her favorite food is beef jerky. In the good old days when Mom was little, she used to dance. I think that Mom looks funny when she pretends to be a chicken. It makes her really happy when I help her out. I wish Mom would play with me everyday. I wouldn't trade my Mom for gold. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: