Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dan Loves TV


Sometimes I feel guilty letting my baby stand and watch TV for a half and hour or more at a time, but he loves it so much and it is beneficial for him (and me.) In early June, Dan discovered Baby Einstein movies. He loves to watch them and will watch sometimes for more than half an hour at a time. This is wonderful for me because it allows me to get some much needed things done without him crying at my feet wanting to be held all the time (he's really heavy.) The thing I love so much about it is that he stands while watching. He's been so slow on all his physical things that we've been real worried that he'd never catch up. However, watching TV has made him love and learn how to stand. He'll hold onto the TV stand and watch while he stands. It allows him to stand for a long time and build up those leg muscles. I think that's good! Anyway, he's so cute standing in front of the TV that I had to take some pictures.

I love how he raises his feet. Babies are so cute.


So yes! If any of you were wondering, I do let the TV babysit my kids sometimes. What parent doesn't? I just try to excuse it away. Besides he looks so big standing up there.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Good for you! I use Netflix as my babysitting service almost daily. Every six months or so I swear off television completely, go on a rampage and put all of our DVDs in boxes, but the kids find them and I lose my ambition before I actually do anything permanent. It's a tough battle. And the TV usually wins.

Samm and David said...

Katie. FYI, I heard some rumors about baby Einstein being in major lawsuits due to the fact that parents are finding correlations between it being watched as an infant/toddler, and ADHD in older children. It was something that people were talking about when I was getting my master's in education technology. I never really looked into it, but it might be worth looking at just to be safe...just a thought. Something about the fast/rapid movements in the shows being harmful to the development of the infant/toddlers neurological development...I dunno...it was a couple years ago.

Carolyn said...

I know the picture is just of him from behind, but Dan looks so grown up! What a cute boy.

I hope you're hanging in there! You're a great mom.