Friday, May 7, 2010

Mud Pies

This girl was in heaven.

I'm a firm believer that every childhood should, if possible, involve certain things. Of these things, getting dirty is high on the list. As a mother I acknowledge that sometimes it's hard to let your children get dirty, but to a child dirt and mud can provide hours of entertainment. Sometimes you just have to give in and let the dirt and mud flow. It's one of the reasons I love camping so much. I love that my kids can spend hours playing in the dirt, being creative and having a blast with nature. When the day is over we wipe them clean with a warm wash cloth, get them in jammies and get ready to do it all over the next day. I'll admit when I get home I'm ready to have everyone clean again, but there's just something about letting kids enjoy the dirt that I love.
Hannah doing a little clean up while playing, OK she was really just making more of a mess, but I'll give her credit for it anyway.

Sarah Kate showing off her mud pie. I just love the Kool aid stained faces they all have. It goes so well with the mud.

The week following our Boise trip started out with wonderful weather here in Idaho Falls. The temperature was in the upper 70's, there was no wind, and the skies were sunny for miles around. It was a beautiful week and we spent as much time outside as we could. After dinner on the 19th we sent the kids out to play. They found all their buckets and shovels and had a blast in the dirt. While I was finishing the dishes Kenny took a peek at the kids to see what they were up to. It was definitely a camera moment.

Gracie and Hannah making mud pies. Ben was outside playing as well, but for some reason he wasn't in any of the pictures.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

How fun! Playing in the mud is such a fun childhood pastime; I'm glad you let your kids enjoy it! :)