Thursday, July 9, 2009

Kids Annual Pictures

As I've mentioned before, we've been trying for months to get good annual pictures of the kids. Well, I'm proud to say we finally got some. We went to Logan for the 4th of July and decided it would be a perfect time to try pictures again. We arrived on the 3rd around 1:00 and hung out at my Mom and Dad's for a few hours. We put the little girls down for a nap and Grandpa took Ben and Sarah to USU campus to ride bikes. That evening we headed up the canyon to try for good pictures. The kids were NOT cooperative and neither was the lighting. We were so discouraged, especially Kenny who was taking the pictures. The main issue was Hannah who just wouldn't cooperate. She got in big trouble and was put in the car crying.

After our failed attempt at pictures we were supposed to go to my Aunt Cindy's house to have a BBQ and watch the Logan City fireworks. We were late because the pictures went so bad and to top it off, a few miles before we arrived Hannah threw up all over herself and Sarah. It was not good. We dropped Ben and Grace at Aunt Cindy's and took the others to Grandma's where they got a shower and changed their clothes. Turns out Hannah was sick (duh) and that's why she was such a stink at pictures. We had no clue until she threw up, but felt bad about getting so mad at her. As much as I didn't want to, I left Hannah and Daddy at my parent's and took Sarah and the baby back to Aunt Cindy's to watch the fireworks. The kids had a blast playing with cousins and watching the fireworks. I enjoyed showing off my baby and seeing family I haven't seen in awhile. Due to the craziness, I didn't take any pictures, but we had fun anyway. I love the fourth and really enjoyed watching the fireworks with my family and my cute kids. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Hannah and Kenny could have been with us.

Daniel 1 1/2 weeks

Gracie Grace 20 months

Hannah Beth 3 Years

BenBen 5 years

Sarah the Kate 7 years

The 4th was a better day overall. Hannah woke up and her fever was not nearly as bad and she kept telling us she was not sick. We decided to try pictures one last time before heading up to Grace. We stopped and got Hannah some medicine which seemed to do the trick and she was much happier and a lot more cooperative. They say third time's the charm, but in this case it's more like 5th or 6th time's the charm. I lost count of how many times it took to get good pictures, all I know is we finally got them after 4 hours of shooting on the 4th.

3 comments:

Aunt Diana said...

And well worth the attempts...perfect!

Todd and Julie Worthen said...

Pictures are hard with kids - they never seem to want to cooperate but they turned out really cute! Daniel is such a cutie!

Carolyn said...

You have such beautiful children! These pictures turned out wonderfully.