Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy 10th Anniversary

On our wedding day. Wow how we've changed.


So Kenny and I have been married for 10 years now. July 9th was our 10 anniversary and we're both just amazed that it's been that long. On the one hand it's hard to remember life without him, but when I think about it, 10 years is a long time and I can't believe it's been that long. Only adults are married for 10 years, not old adults , but grown-ups none the less. It's crazy, but I'm so glad I married him and I'm so excited for the next 10+ years.

Last year our friends in Virginia, the Gulick's, celebrated their 10th anniversary by going on a cruise without their children. At the time Kenny and I were dreaming of all the things we could do on our 10th anniversary. 10 years is an important number and we wanted to celebrate it with something special like they did. Well here we are a year later, on our 10th anniversary, and we have a 2 week old and no job or spending money. Things didn't turn out as planned so we didn't get to go on our vacation for our anniversary, but we did get to go out which is something else we never do. Kenny's mom came and watched the kids the week after our anniversary so we could go to a movie together (we would have done it on our anniversary, but we wanted to see Harry Potter and it didn't come out until the following week.) It was so nice to be out with Kenny and enjoy some adult time with my husband.

Looking back it's been a crazy, busy, sometimes scary, but wonderful 10 years. Life has definitely not gone the way I expected it to go, but I'd never change it. I love my husband very much, I love my children very much, and I feel very blessed to have them all in my life. Sure there are things we would do differently had we know how our first 10 years were going to shape up, but I guess we'll just have to do better in our next 10 years. I'm excited for those next 10 year and all that they hold for our family. Happy Anniversary Kenny.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Wow, congratulations on your ten year anniversary! That's wonderful. Like you said, things don't usually turn out like we planned, but life is good nonetheless. :)

I'm glad you and Kenny were able to go on a date!