Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's Boy Number 2

Yesterday was my ultrasound and my lovely sister-in-law, Sarah, came up from Pocatello to watch the kids while we went to the ultrasound. Sarah Kate decided she wanted to go, but we couldn't talk Ben into going, he was way more interested in playing with his cousins. They did the normal check up thing and then the doctor came in to do the ultrasound. He quickly discovered we are indeed having another boy. YEAH! Another little boy. I'm so happy, but honestly I think I would have been happy either way. I love girls, but it'll be nice to get some more blue in the house.

As I already said, Sarah Kate came to the ultrasound with us. She enjoyed being with just Mommy and Daddy and she enjoyed the ultrasound until it was discovered that he was a he. This didn't please her at all. I think if she could have, she would have gotten up and left at the very moment. She wanted another sister so bad and look as though she was going to cry when she found out she was having a brother. Since then she has warmed up to the idea and I think by the time the baby comes she'll be happy.

Ben on the other hand is VERY excited to be having a brother. He needs a brother really bad even if they are 5 years apart. Ever since he found out he's been making comments about what he's going to do when his baby brother arrives. He told me he's going to teach him all about Star Wars and he hopes that we can watch more boy movies (instead of girl movies) because there will be another boy in the house. I'm so happy for him and I have an odd feeling this little guy will look up to his big brother for the rest of his life.

As far as everything else goes, everything is good. The baby looks healthy with a good spine, a good heart, and a good brain. He's about a week smaller than he should be, but all my babies have been at least that small at this point. They're going to do another ultrasound in 6 weeks to see if he's still that far behind and to determine if they need to move my due date back (no thank you.) We are so excited to be having a little boy and can't wait until he joins our family in June.

3 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

Congratulations! Little boys are so much fun :) ... which you already know that with Ben. But how exciting. Congrats!

Carolyn said...

I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations. I'm sure Ben will love having a brother. :) This is wonderful!

Natalie said...

CONGRATS! Sarah Kate will be sure to come around. We had rebellion at every ultrasound from one side or the other!