Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Surprise Going Away Party

I got a call from a good friend of mine two weeks before we moved from Idaho Falls.  She said her daughter, Clarissa, and a neighbor girl, Carol, wanted to throw Sarah a going away party.  I was so excited and I knew Sarah would absolutely love it.  We chose the date of Tuesday, July 26th and I was told make sure it was a surprise.  We told Sarah she was going to have a play date with Clarissa, but she was not expecting the surprise that was waiting for her when she got there.

SURPRISE!!!!!
Yeah!  She was surprised!
Sarah has a scrapbook she's making of all of her Idaho Falls friends and I told her I'd take a picture of her and Clarissa before she played.  It was a handy excuse to take the camera and get some pictures of the event.  Sarah was extremely surprised and excited for the party.

They each got masks and Sarah got a crown.  What nice girls!
All the girls who were there to surprise Sarah (and AJ, of course.)
After the initial surprise the girls had a little popcorn and we took pictures of Sarah with each of her friends for her scrapbook.

Shaylee came late so we had to get one more picture of all the girls.
Silly picture time!
Clarissa, one of my favorite little girls and such a good example to Sarah.  Clarissa threw the party and we're so grateful to have known her and her family.
Carol, another one of my favorite girls and a fellow party thrower.  I'm so grateful Sarah has had great friends like Carol to surround herself with.

Carina, Sarah's longest Idaho Falls friend and our neighbor.
Destiny, our neighbor across the street who Sarah plays with often in the summer.
Shaylee, a friend from school and church.

Teja, a great friend from the ward.  I wish these girls had been able to play together a little more.

Whitney, Sarah's best friend from Mr. Guymon's class.  We'll sure miss Whitney.

Gabriela, Sarah's friend in our neighborhood who was out of town for the party.

After pictures it was time for dancing.  What little girl doesn't love to dance?  I snapped a few pictures and then decided to allow Sarah some time with her friends (and I needed to get home to rescue grandma from the other 5 kids.)  Sarah said she had a wonderful time and was so surprised.  I'm so grateful that she has been able to have so many wonderful friends.  Their influence on her has been so fun to watch and I hope that wherever we go she'll be able to find friends as wonderful as this group of girls.

Dancing time.
Oh, to be a kid again.

No comments: