Monday, August 13, 2012

Another 10k

Mindy and I after our run.  (Please don't look at my grossness.)
I found a cheep 10k in Ogden over Memorial Day weekend and I decided to call my running mate sister-in-law Mindy to see if she wanted to join me.  We had so much fun running together and definitely need to do more of these races together (to bad we're both mom's and have a hard time finding the time.)
Running to the finish line.  The wind was HORRIBLE at the end and I was really feeling it.
My final time was 54:04, a good improvement over my last 10k, and I was very pleased with it.  Mindy, who had not run 6 consecutive miles yet this year, came in a few minutes behind me.  I thought for sure the weather would be miserable, it was at 10:00 in the morning the last Saturday in May, but it ended up being chilly, windy, and a little rainy.  Perfect for running (minus the wind.)  

Mindy, just about to cross the finish line.

No comments: